Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday Board Games

Saturday Night I went to the Shoppe to play a few board games for a change of pace.  We tried two games, Small World and Factory Manager.

First up was a learning game of Small World.  We had a full five players with two of us being newbies.  It is an interesting game with deceivingly easy mechanics.  In fact, reading the rules made them harder then they needed to be.  Some subtle game play techniques and strategies along with the variable race/special powers seemed to ensure a strong since or re-playability with will be nice.  I think the regular guys would like it as it has a good military theme, if not a bit silly, but fun/quick play style.  The two newbies ended up coming 1st and 2nd with only a 2 point separation.

Next, a bit late, we played a game of Factory Manager.  It had been a long time since Steve and I had played so I was re-learning from the get go.  I made some huge mistakes early, combined with the misplaced board made for a bad results for me.  The gang was good to play with, if a bit too serious at times, but still a fun time. :)  I came in dead last...  by a large margin! :)

Good times,

jp
Better warlord then middle manager

No comments: