Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Civil Service!

I just got my official offer for a Civil Service position down at Strat. In my head all I can see is the scene from "Blazing Saddles" when the train workers are excited that Bart got the Sheriff job... "Civil Service!"
So... Looks like the area will have me to contend with for at least 3-4 years. I'm sorry for that! :) After that who knows. Maybe Europe. I've dropped my notice to my current employer and will start with the gov on the 14th. Just in time to go to WM Weekend! :)

On the game front a group of us went to Lincoln to play in their Legends Event. Sam did a stand up job and the five Omaha players all had a good time. I owe Chris a kick in the nuts for stealing the Assassin medal from me. Bastard! Hooker tied the games played with two Lincoln guys, but lost it on VP's by two. Dan V. took the Strategist award with most flags.

This weekend is the Breast Cancer Brawl. I'm hoping for a good turn out. I think we might have one which will be nice.

I'll let you know how it goes!

jp
"Civil Service"

No comments: