Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A little of this, a little of that...

Kind of a shotgun approach today...

First up I am in the process of downloading Tourchlight form Runic Games. It is getting some good reviews and is suppose to be a good solo RPG experience, plus it was only $20 for direct download. Since my CPU time at home is limited, I've never really jumped into the MMO scene, but I do like the fantasy RPG setting, so I'm going to give it a go and let you know.

Privateer Press has posted some information on the new Cygnar Book. Key word I saw was new 'units'. That is plural, meaning more then one. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Plus they have named the new caster as well. Go check it out! :)

At WM night at the shoppe, it was a very low turn out. I blame the lateness in the year, MkII around the corner and the major explosion at the Shoppe. I did get a game in with Dan and we played Khador vs. Khador. Dan use Irusk and I played Vlad. It was a solid game, but came down to caster v caster with Vlad using old reliable, BoK, to stay alive.

Finally, check out these two links.

Character Interaction Charts - Shows some cool doodle connections for Star Wars and Lord of the Rings on how/when characters interacted. Pretty nifty.

250 Best Movies Ever - Done as a subway diagram. Different, but cool tool.

jp
Waiting for Torchlight to download!

2 comments:

Warjack Prime said...

yeah I won't be down until after the first of the year. I'm studying for my CRPC which is taking a lot of my time. I'll probably wait until the MKII league and then be down every week like before.

Unknown said...

V for Vendetta made the list? REALLY? WOW. A lot of those were no- brainers. Chinatown & Cool Hand Luke? Sure. Usual Suspects? Yeah. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Weird, but OK. But V for Vendetta? I'm sorry, I think I'll stay in the car at that stop and pray some kid doesn't hold the door...

On an unrelated note: Take that Dan!