Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm getting better...

I'm not dead yet!

After all day Sunday in bed and most of Monday as well, I made it to work on Tuesday. A bit of a cough still and a few ugly hawked up luggies, (Eweeee!), but all in all still on the right side of life.

I did have a lot to catch up on in the reader. Highlight comes from Critical Hits again. A brief summary of the 4e player races. The Goliaths interest me because they might be a good fit for a 4e Iron Kingdom Ogrun. Also the Half Orc will be nice to see in action. Won't be long until we see Mark field either the Half Orc and/or the Shaper. :)

Since it was Tuesday I went to the Game Shoppe and got to play a few games of WARMACHINE. I got some new toys and wanted to try out the new Cygnar I've been working on. The list was... Points: 497, Model Count: 16, Victory Points: 19

Commander Coleman Stryker
> Squire
> Lancer
> Ol' Rowdy
Stormsmith
Stormsmith
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages [6]
> Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer [1]
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team [3]

Yes, I had more VP in a 500 point game then models. I call it the Cygnar Spec Ops Team. It was fun to play, but didn't do so well. Way to many points in not enough damage. :) The idea is to Snipe the Black 13 for 7" (Thanks Squire) and have the Long Shot across the table at unit leaders at 25" + 6" move. Then shoot the snot out of everthing else too. Then use Ol' Rowdy as counter charger. Mixed bag for results. ;-)

To fix the issue, I think I'll drop the Gun Mages and stick w/ the Black 13 only for 500 points. For the 117 odd points I should be able to get a full unit of 10 Sword Knights plus the UA. A little more flexibility.

It's late so I'm off to bed, well, I'm off to sleep as the Netbook has invaded the bedroom. The other half is none to pleased, but she is crashed hard as the crud has taken her now.

Looking forward to more Thunderspire on Saturday. Haven't heard how the FR game went.

jp
I don't want to go on the cart!

No comments: