Wednesday, May 20, 2009

T+2

Last night I got a real good nights sleep, so when the tech came in to do my vitals at 4am, I just stayed up and did a bit of walking around the ward.  Everything seems to be going well and both the surgeon and the floor doctor seem to be happy with the progress that they are cutting me out tonight when The Other Half gets off work.

They removed the last of the 'things' in me just about 20 mins ago.  This included the IV in my right hand, the 2' catheter that was pumping some sort of pain killer into my insides, and a drain about 4" long in an open wound on my left hand side.  That was joyous...  NOT!  Nurse did a good job, but nothing like the feeling of a slimy tube being pulled from your body to make the stomach (what is left of it) queasy.

I'm now on 4 oz of liquid an hour and I am having a hard time putting it all down.  Sipping is allowed and encouraged so I just taking it easy.

Since the Other Half isn't off until later, I'm just going to chill here at Club Immanuel.  They have more cable channels then I have at home! :)

More later

jp
sip, sip, sip

4 comments:

Daimyo said...

Glad to hear that everything worked out alright and that you are on the mend!

Let me know if/when we're going to have a celebratory game of Pandemic to honor the triumphant return...

Unknown said...

I really need to play a board game or something! Let me check the calender and see what a good night to sneak two or three folks over will be! :)

jp

Unknown said...

Yeah, tube removal is...interesting. Glad to hear that you're headed home so soon! As always, keep us posted on your progress!

Also, Your Kirk v. Picard anecdote reminded me of this comic: http://www.threepanelsoul.com/view.php?date=2009-04-22
I like the guy's style. As always, take it easy.

-Adam

Unknown said...

Well... If I were a homosexual I guess Picard would be the answer... In the mean time, I'll stick with Crusher! :O)

jp